moldMAX & moldMAX XL
Moldmax is a beryllium copper alloy specifically designed for the plastic processing industry. A unique combination of thermal conductivity and strength provide:
- Shorter cycle time.
- Improved plastic part dimensional control.
- Better parting line maintenance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
Moldmax provides strength and wear resistance similar to that of many tool steels. In addition, Moldmax offers a thermal conductivity three to four times greater than steel and comparable to aluminium.
Moldmax is typically specified for
- blow mold pinch offs
- neck rings and handle inserts
- injection mold components and cavity inserts
- hot runner system injection nozzles and manifolds
Moldmax XL is a unique spinodally hardened copper-nickel-tin alloy that combines high strength and high thermal conductivity. Available in large plate thicknesses up to 17 inches and rounds in diameters up to 23 inches, Moldmax XL can be used as a direct replacement for P-20 tool steels. The increased thermal conductivity allows faster cycle times and significant cost savings.
Moldmax XL has the following attributes:
- Heat treated and ready to machine.
- Resistance to corrosion.
- Fully machineable.
- Easy to polish.
- Weldable to copper and other alloys,
- Available in large block sizes.
- High level of strength and conductivity.
These attributes lead to the following benefits:
- Reduced cycle times and increased profitability.
- Improved product dimensional stability.
- Shortened mold lead time compared to steel.
- Ability to use in corrosive environments
- Larger sizes simplify tool constructions.
Moldmax XL is suitable for the specific uses of:
- Mold cavities
- Mold cores
- Mold inserts